How to Share Your Good Bye Letter / Hello Recovery Letter with the Brave Enough To Live Community
Good Bye Letters are much like writing a letter to a lover that you are leaving. The purpose is to say good bye to your alcoholism, drug, addiction, anxiety and/or depression and say hello to recovery.
Good Bye Letters can be a powerful step in recovery, removing the inner darkness and opening the door to the Light.
Good Buy Letters can include several parts. You don’t have to include all the parts listed below, as they are simply suggestions.
Maybe you have already said good bye to alcohol, drug, addiction, anxiety and/or depression, and you would rather say hello to recover. The choice is yours.
Here are some guidelines as to what your Good Bye Letter / Hello Recovery Letter might include:
1) At beginning of your alcoholism, addiction and even depression, it may have been fun, soothing or “just what you knew.”
What were the fun things? How did it soothe you? How was it familiar? How did the alcohol, drug, addiction, anxiety or depression seduce its way into your life?
2) At what point did your addiction, alcoholism and/or depression turn into trouble? What happened and how did you feel when you realized “I can’t do this anymore”?
3) What happened and how did you feel when you realized it was too late? That you were now physically, mentally and/or emotionally addicted?
4) Now in your letter, it is the time to say goodbye to the drug, alcohol, addiction, anxiety or depression (or combination). It has ruined your life.
Maybe it has taken away your loved ones, cost thousands and destroyed you in many ways.
You are now taking back your life and ending your poisonous love affair with the alcohol, drug, addiction, anxiety and/or depression; telling it not to wait at the door for you anymore; you’re not coming back to it.
5) Here is what you are going to do to take your life back.
What recovery steps are you taking, going to take or have taken?
What commitment are you making to your new love, which is yourself, your sobriety, your mental/emotional health and your life?
You’ve taken your life back. Your life is now your own.
Share your Good Bye Letter / Hello Recovery Letter by submitting it below.
Don’t use real names or anything that would hurt others. We will post it for others to read and be helped by.
“Hey Dave and the Brave Enough To Live Community, here is my Good Bye Letter / Hello Recovery Letter. You can share it here with others.”
(You are submitting your letter anonymously. We are not asking for your name or contact info to provide you with anonymity.)
Good Bye Letter / Hello Recovery Letter:
I agree to the terms of service.
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)